Shutdown Engineer - VR/19637
Currently recruiting for an experienced Shutdown Engineer on a contract basis for an Oil & Gas Operator based in Aberdeen.
The contract is due to last until August 2020 and the client is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. It is an onshore based role, however, there will be occasional offshore trips required, therefore applicants must be willing to work offshore.
Reporting to the Shutdown Superintendent, the Shutdown Engineer will be expected to prepare, deliver and close out shutdown scopes, with particular reference to mechanical scopes of work, materials management and vendor management.
During the shutdown period the incumbent will be expected to attend the site and coordinate labour and materials across all disciplines, as instructed by the Shutdown Superintendent.
The Shutdown Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying, reviewing and assessing work scopes.
- Breaking down scopes into appropriate discipline tasks and ensure that appropriate discipline resources and labour hours are allocated.
- Creating and editing SAP work orders for applicable scopes.
- Managing the movement of shutdown materials from warehouse to site using the SAP system (training will be provided on Company specific aspects).
- Working with site personnel regarding work site preparation and space management.
- Expediting data from site and office personnel required for shutdown scopes.
- Creating bills of materials and Vendor service descriptions.
- Preparing requisitions for items, such as piping components, valves and vendor services – plus associated delivery expediting etc.
- Assisting with the development of repair plans to mitigate schedule risks from discoveries during shutdown period.
- Coordination of deliverables, such as job specific risk assessments, work permits, lifting plans and rigging equipment.
- Inputting and updating key deliverables, including plan and attend planning meetings.
- Carrying out site visits for familiarisation and scope development.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in an Engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Shutdown Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an Oil & Gas Operator, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to be familiar with operational aspects of offshore hydrocarbon production units, including isolation of plant and the flushing of hydrocarbons.
- Applicants will be expected to be familiar with the content and use of technical specifications for equipment, such as piping, valves, pressure vessels, vessel internal components and heat exchangers.
- Applicants will be expected to be familiar with flange management practices and procedures.
- Previous field experience would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of using SAP would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to hold the full suite of Offshore Survival and Medical certification.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team