Electrical & Controls Engineer - VR/19913
Currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical & Controls Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas Service company based in Aberdeenshire. Based on the location, access to a car and a full Driving Licence is essential for this position.
Reporting to the Electrical & Controls Lead, the Electrical & Controls Engineer will specify and design electrical control systems, specify hardware and IO schedules, and also write and commission PLC and HMI software, in accordance with relevant Company and international standards.
The Electrical & Controls Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Writing and approving technical documentation, including Functional Design Specifications, Factory Acceptance Tests and Operation Manuals.
- Assisting the workshop and support manufacturing and commissioning activities.
- Assisting in the development of Junior Engineers.
- Designing, specifying, sizing, and selecting equipment required for the electrical control and monitoring of winching applications, in accordance with relevant company and international standards.
- Scoping projects, including required control and drive system deliverables.
- Assisting with developing / checking work plans for Control Systems Team.
- Developing, checking and approving electrical design schematics.
- Developing, checking and approving electrical design deliverables.
- Providing technical guidance to the Lead Engineer and Project Team.
- Providing technical guidance to ensure that applicable procedures and standards (client, company and international) are correctly applied.
- Carrying out work as directed by the Lead Engineer, obtaining technical information from suppliers and formulating / technically approving purchase requisitions / orders, as required for final approval by the Lead Engineer / Engineering Manager.
- Writing, testing and commissioning PLC / HMI software.
- Constructing system functionality descriptions, including FDS and Sales Proposals.
- Producing and approving commissioning and testing procedures for electrical / electronic / control systems.
- Attending and inputting at team / departmental and project meetings.
- Attending client technical meetings as required.
- Liaising with third party design derification authorities, as demanded by the project.
- Approval and signing of electrical drawings / documents.
- Accountable for providing technical documentation for electrical / electronic / control systems and components / parts.
- A Degree qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or an HNC qualification with an appropriate level of equivalent experience in a similar role.
- A Master’s Degree qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Chartered Engineering status, or working towards.
- Previous experience in a similar Electrical & Controls Engineer type role within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Previous and relevant experience in Control System design and PLC software.
- Experience with the Siemens TIA platform and PLC hardware.
- Experience with Siemens FH systems and CFC programming.
- Experience of working with electrical switchgear and drive control equipment design.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems.
- Experience of writing technical specifications, including FDS, FATs, OMMs, etc.
- Experience of producing technical and functional specifications and developing electrical designs from concept through to testing / commissioning.
- Experience with the TIA Portal.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Electrical drive and motor specification experience.
- A sound knowledge, and be experienced in the application, of the latest relevant IEC standards and statutory legislation, such as BS7671, IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
- Experience in the design of any of the following product lines: drum winches, linear winches, HPUs, tensioners and reel drive systems.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment design.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team