Mechanical Design Engineer - VR/19403
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing company products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Producing 3D CAD models and detail drawings to provide solutions in accordance with client requirements.
- Producing technical reports, detailing work completed and the products produced. This includes, but is not limited to, engineering calculations, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and CFD.
- Assisting in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contributing development ideas for new and existing products.
- Working to tight deadlines, supporting work for proposals and projects.
- An Engineering Degree qualification in a Mechanical or Structural discipline. A Mechanical Engineering Degree qualification would be preferred.
- Alternatively, an HND qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ mechanical design engineering experience.
- Chartered Engineering status, or working towards.
- A minimum of 3 years’ design engineering experience within a fast-paced engineering design environment, preferably obtained within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Previous experience of using FEA and 3D CAD software.
- 5 years’ plus mechanical engineering design experience.
- Experience with CFD.
- CFD experience using Ansys CFX.
- Thermal and mechanical FEA experience in Ansys.
- Autodesk Inventor and Meridian experience.
- Experience in Mathcad.
- Experience of designing buoyancy products.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team