Lead Operations Technician (Blasting / Dry Ice) - VR/20585
Our client is looking for an Operations Technician on a permanent, staff basis to provide technical support to the Dry Ice Global operations department.
The job holder will be required to directly support all Dry Ice clients during set up and operational deployment. The job holder will also manage the internal maintenance for all the UK based equipment.
Full time employment.
The job will be workshop, office and site based, including overseas and offshore work (ad hoc). The potential length of trips / hours would be 3 days minimum, 2 or 3 week trips offshore. There is the potential for longer term deployment overseas, 6 weeks maximum trip (not a requirement).
Minimum required certification / training
- BOSIET, MIST, CA-EBS, Shoulder Width, OGUK.
- 3 Years Offshore experience.
Industry qualifications specific to blasting & painting (preferred)
- ICATS Blaster / Sprayer.
- ISSOW training.
- OPITO trained Blaster / Sprayer Level 1.
- CSCS, IPAF, PASMA.
- Confined Space and Working at Height certificates.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Excel, Word, email etc).
- Driving licence.
- Basic understanding of mechanical and pressurised equipment.
- Driven to learn.
- Confident dealing with oil and gas operations on their own.
- Confident with handling accountability.
- Able to speak up and voice an opinion but also accept direction.
- Ability to cross between office environments and worksite environments.
- Ability to organise a team and lead.
- Able to train others.
The main duties of the role will include:
Leading the technical operations within the Dry Ice team.
- Organising and assisting with equipment / asset management.
- Technically be capable of fixing / maintaining all equipment within the UK base.
- Assisting with equipment management overseas and support regional teams.
Providing Support to the Operations Supervisor
- Stock checks
- Equipment planning
- Sourcing & ordering equipment
- Training contractors
- Assisting with site set up
- Trouble shooting for clients if the equipment malfunctions
- Equipment testing
- Shipping preparation
- Certification of equipment
- If required to physically support on site, the job holder will attend for an agreed amount of time to either take part in works, supervise or train.
- Equipment check-in process
- Equipment testing
- Equipment maintenance
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team