Mechanical Design Engineer - Orcaflex - VR/20292
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer – Orcaflex will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and optimising company products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Producing 3D CAD models and detail drawings to provide solutions in accordance with client requirements.
- Producing technical reports, detailing work completed and the products produced. This includes, but is not limited to, Hydrodynamic Analysis using Orcaflex, engineering calculations, Finite Element Analysis and CFD.
- Assisting in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contributing development ideas for new and existing products in new and existing industries.
- Supporting work for proposals and projects, through working to tight deadlines.
- An Engineering Degree qualification in Mechanical or Structural Engineering. A Degree in Mechanical Engineering would be preferred.
- Or, alternatively an HND qualification in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in a similar role.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- A minimum of 3 years’ mechanical design engineering experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and competency in Hydrodynamic Analysis techniques, preferably using Orcaflex.
- Experience using FEA and 3D CAD software (Inventor preferred).
- Thermal and mechanical FEA experience.
- 5+ years’ mechanical design engineering experience.
- 3 years’ experience in Hydrodynamic Analysis, preferably with the analysis of Mooring systems, Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines.
- Experience with FEA and CFD simulation techniques.
- Programming experience with Visual Basic.
- Composites experience.
- Experience of working with plastics within a design environment.
- Programming and macro derivation experience.
- Experience with the design of buoyancy products.
- Experience with Mathcad.
- Injection moulding experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team