Contracts Engineer (Wells) - VR/20634
A leading independent E&P company has a requirement for a Contracts Engineer with wells experience to join them on a contract basis for a period of 12 months. In this role you will support the management of executed contracts through project to contract close-out.
As Contracts Engineer, you will also be responsible for the implementation of the company’s contracting requirements of wells equipment and services for drilling campaigns. You will be working as a key member of the team tasked with implementing contracting requirements, whilst also ensuring that expenditure and commitments are made in a cost-effective manner with all risks understood and mitigated where possible.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and implementing ITT packages.
- Analysing, evaluating and clarifying proposals.
- Negotiating contracts; terms and conditions, risk allocation, and remuneration formats in line with strategy.
- Preparing final contract documents through to execution of final contract.
- Administering the contract through its life-cycle including long term performance management where applicable.
- Raising purchase orders / call offs.
- Assurance of all contract documentation requirements for new contracts.
- Maintenance of existing contract documentation.
- Managing and updating SCM databases.
- Analysing data to support contracting strategies, demand planning and management information.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role (ideally with an Oil and Gas Operator).
- Knowledge of standard forms of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in North Sea Oil and Gas.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build / maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong IT skills are essential – experience of Maximo would be ideal.
This is an opportunity to join a leading, reputable Oil and Gas Operator with business interests in the UK and across the globe; a company that puts its core values at the heart of all day-to-day activities.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team