Logistics & Customs Compliance Manager - VR/20694
The Logistics & Customs Compliance Manager will lead the company’s global logistics and customs processes and is responsible for ensuring the continuous supply of equipment to assets. This is a permanent position and is well-suited to applicants with 10+ years of oil and gas materials logistics experience, with ideally 5+ years in a Senior Management position.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, the Logistics & Customs Compliance Manager is expected to liaise with Managers located across the globe to manage the full logistics and customs process. You will be required to create and manage operation plans to ensure that all equipment and assets are moved in full compliance of global regulations.
Other duties and responsibilities will include:
- Strategic and technical leadership to the global logistics program.
- Supporting commercial operations by reviewing bids / tenders to safeguard import / export obligations and customs compliance.
- Creating and implementing change-management projects within the global Logistics Team.
- Overall responsibility for the performance of logistics service providers; maintaining KPIs and conducting reviews.
- Providing leadership for all customs processes; resolving any customs issues and implementing customs processes for new countries of operation.
- Recommending new initiatives to improve company efficiency.
- Making decisions and changes to bring a positive day-to-day impact on the company’s Logistics and Customs Compliance processes.
Applicants to this role should offer extensive experience in Logistics and Customs Compliance, of which 5+ years will ideally be at a Senior Management level. You will ideally have a background in the oil and gas drilling / offshore service industry. It is essential that you have experience of international logistics (Africa, Asia, South America and Europe) and bring a complete understanding of logistics and shipping management (including 3PL).
Excellent communication and negotiation skills are paramount, as well as a good commercial acumen and decision-making ability.
On offer is the opportunity to join an established and reputable organisation, who are moving their international headquarters to Aberdeen - this is a brand-new position to the Aberdeen office.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team