Pipe Yard Manager - VR/20573
Our client is looking to recruit a Pipe Yard Manager on a permanent staff basis for their site in Portlethen. For further details please see below.
Working with Material Controllers controlling Customer Inventory held in storage using the appropriate systems.
- Ensuring yard utilisation is optimised i.e. proactive allocation of locations for new Pups and Tubular deliveries etc
- Reporting on KPIs as advised and agreed with Management Team.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Operating the yards in line with agreed customer operating procedures.
- Overseeing and monitoring subcontractors such as forklifts, hauliers, crane and consumable suppliers etc.
- Managing and overseeing yard operations in Aberdeen.
- Responsible for Health and Safety within all yard areas.
- Managing the Yard Specialist and Planning and Logistics Coordinator and has overall responsibility for all yard staff and personnel issues.
- Optimising labour and third-party usage within the yard operations.
- Developing and delivering the yard quality plan.
- Managing training and skills matrix of Yard Operation Teams and ensuring that all certificates are validated and renewed.
- Responsible for internal ROMS system movements, processes and accuracy.
- Assuming P&L cost responsibility for yard functions.
- Supporting Operations Manager where required.
- Assisting in the review of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Ensuring implementation of company policies and procedures with regard to quality, health and safety and environment.
- Ensuring staff and contractors are aware of the SHEQ procedures of the yard / plant / maintenance.
- Reporting any incidents or non-conformances immediately to the SHEQ Systems Manager.
- Processing environmental paperwork such as waste transfer notes, ensuring that SEPA notes are forwarded to the Group HSEQ Manager for review and filing.
- Setting an example to all employees by appropriate use of PPE.
- Ensuring required certification is maintained such as banksman slinger tickets.
- Complying with all rules and regulations.
- Completing annual appraisals for all yard staff.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Prior experience working in a Supervisory role.
- OCTG experience is essential.
- Ability to challenge in a positive manner.
- In-depth knowledge of IT packages i.e. Microsoft Office etc.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, solution orientated.
- Driven to achieve results, get things done.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, and cost objectives.
- Commitment to providing the highest level of support and quality.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional planning skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team