Procurement Representatives (Direct & Indirect Materials) - VR/20751
Two vacancies available in the Procurement Team of a global organisation providing speciality chemicals to the Oil and Gas industry; one focused on direct materials, the other on indirect materials.
In both roles, the successful applicant will be assigned a major spend category and tasked with ensuring competitive pricing, reducing lead times and improving supply reliability.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, your duties as a Procurement Representative will include:
- Managing day-to-day supplier relationships within your assigned categories.
- Managing service-levels for the existing supplier base.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements for the procurement of materials / services.
- Managing sub-categories through the use of sourcing processes and tools.
- Executing sourcing strategies and savings for sub-categories.
- Expediting orders to ensure contracted delivery times are met – investigating any issues.
- Identifying alternative suppliers where necessary.
- Ensuring contracts within your assigned category are accurate and up to date.
- Leading on savings projects, sourcing processes and other initiatives.
- Managing team members.
Applicants to this role should ideally offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar, relevant position (3-7 years ideally), with knowledge of sourcing processes.
- Leadership, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- A qualification in sourcing or negotiation would be preferred.
On offer is a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits packages. You will have the opportunity to further develop your knowledge within an organisation that is passionate about personal growth and encourages you to make an impact and shape your career.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team