Software Support Engineer - VR/20399
Currently recruiting for an experienced Software Support Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Lead Controls Engineer, the Software Support Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently and as part of the Repair and Field Services Team to develop, maintain and support various software projects.
- Repair and Field Services Expert on software and electrical issues for troubleshooting and for providing assistance to customers and client Technicians.
- Assisting the Lead Controls Engineer and Manufacturing in order to assist with the development, improvement and testing of new and existing products.
- Following, reviewing and creating work instructions and procedures for software and support related activities.
- Providing training and support to Field Service Technicians globally.
- Assisting with the testing of manufactured products.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant discipline, or a minimum of 5 years’ equivalent experience in a relevant role, is essential.
- Lean knowledge would be preferred.
- Experience of software programming, including experience of testing and troubleshooting in C#, is essential.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of PLC Controls equipment, including Allen Bradley and Siemens, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications and have an understanding of engineering terminologies.
- An understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics would be preferred.
- An understanding of torque equipment would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team