Lead Metering Engineer - VR/20789
Currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Metering Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Cove, Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Metering Engineer will support the St Fergus Gas Terminal Operations and Maintenance Teams in the safe and efficient management of the asset metering and allocation systems. The Lead Metering Engineer will provide technical assurance and will be the Metering Technical Authority for the St Fergus Gas Terminal and associated company operated pipelines.
The Lead Metering Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Being the metering discipline technical expert, representing the company both internally and externally on metering and allocation matters.
- Owner of the company measurement O&M strategy documents, standards and procedures, ensuring that metering maintenance obligations are fully met.
- Managing fiscal metering requirements for existing and new entrants to the company’s operated pipeline systems.
- Authorising metering dispensations and approve significant mis-measurements for pipeline entrants.
- Reviewing and approving metering databooks.
- Reviewing and authorising modifications to metering systems.
- Chairing user meetings on fiscal metering, manage the metering audit process and performing and reporting metering audits of installations.
- Completing conceptual metering studies, including economic evaluation for life of field exposure to different metering options.
- Seeking and obtaining OGA / NPD non-objection and partner / pipeline operator approval for metering proposals.
- Responsible for the development, management and custody of technical specifications for fiscal metering.
- Seeking operating asset metering dispensations from OGA and Pipeline System Operators.
- Participating in failure investigations or RCAs.
- Monitoring the health of site metering systems through regular auditing, using trend and report data. Highlighting inconsistencies and prompt remedial action.
- Ensuring competent metering personnel are available to provide key technical support so that issues are investigated quickly and resolved efficiently.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in engineering / physics, or an accredited apprenticeship in an instrument, electrical or mechanical discipline, with an equivalent level of metering engineering experience.
- Senior instrumentation, analyser or measurement engineering experience, within regulated, 24/7 high hazard industries (oil and gas, chemical, energy etc.).
- Previous experience in a similar Lead Metering Engineer type role.
- Experience with technical specification development, maintenance and training development / implementation.
- Data and trend analysis and reporting experience.
- Experience with auditing and investigations.
- Experience of working to IP, API, HM, BS and applicable metering and measurement standards.
- Experience with the following metering and analytical instrumentation: LNG sampler, optical analysers, moisture analysers, water analysers, flow computers and tank gauging.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- A NEBOSH, or equivalent QHSE qualification.
- Current / valid offshore certification.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team