(Senior) Contracts Advisors - VR/28966
We are working with a dynamic oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) company on the recruitment of various roles in their Contracts & Procurement function. These are contract opportunities with an initial duration of 12-months and cover a range of portfolios/categories.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Providing commercial and contractual support to internal and external stakeholders in all aspects of contracting for materials and services in support of the company’s activity.
- Responsible for critical or high value awards, developing strategy, tendering, analysing, negotiating and awarding contracts to align with Supply Chain strategy and operational requirements ensuring that a full audit trail of contracting activities is maintained.
- Completing annual Procurement Plan to understand future demand and co-ordinating Category Reviews in advance of key decision points or otherwise.
- Maintaining the contractual records within the appropriate electronic systems and repositories.
- Supporting the Buying Team on day-to-day contractual issues.
- Assessing contractual, financial and liability risk to the company.
- Ensuring all key contracts carry a comprehensive set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support robust contract delivery and performance attainment.
- Meeting regularly with key contractors to ensure the company’s needs are being met, that strategic value of the relationships are being realised and that the company is meeting its obligations to the contractor to help position the contract for success.
- Encouraging new initiatives that improve productivity and/or help lower total costs of business.
- Ensuring that cost, quality and schedules are managed consistent with company contract and procurement policies and procedures.
- Fulfilling an active role in supporting the company in industry supported initiatives.
- Supporting the Contracts Manager through complex work scopes or act as delegate when required.
Our client is seeking candidates with the following experience, skills, attributes, and qualifications:
- Experience of SCM operations in the oil and gas industry preferably with an Operator or Tier 1 Contractor.
- Experience of Supply Chain Management in the UKCS with a good understanding of the marketplace and contracting landscape as it applies to various procurement categories across operations, decommissioning and projects.
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Performance Management.
- Experience with ERP/EAMS systems (specifically SAP) and other associated SCM and business systems.
- Experience of building good internal relations and seen as a proactive player are critical to success.
- Ability to work with established processes and guidelines but also continually look at areas for improvement.
- Works effectively within a multi-functional team.
- Good influencing skills and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Committed team player with a high degree of self-motivation; embraces change and continuous improvement.
- Ability to structure and solve problems using initiative and resourcefulness.
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Working towards or fully qualified Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team