(Senior) Tendering Engineer - VR/28705
Join a global leader in the traditional and renewable energy industry, delivering innovative technologies, systems, and services to meet the world’s energy needs now and in the future.
As (Senior) Tendering Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the administration of allocated tenders, dealing with all commercial and estimating activities associated with client tender requirements and all subcontract and supplier requirements, from receipt of tender enquiry through to contract award and handover.
You’ll also be a focal point for cost estimating, providing support to the tender / project teams and the wider business on all estimating matters and supporting the development and ongoing use of estimating/costing systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the company’s activities to secure contracts and new business opportunities by effective definition and tender management of project cost, commercial obligations and risk exposure ensuring a suitable risk / reward profile is agreed with the client.
- Liaising with Legal & Contracts to ensure contractual terms and conditions are prepared, collated and approved as part of tender submission.
- Responsible for all aspects of the preparation, validation, and presentation of estimates.
- Generating a cashflow schedule, milestone payment and contract cancellation schedules.
- Maintaining databases for cost benchmarking/norms/tools, including formal feedback loops with Operations and Commercial Leads.
- Ensuring appropriate and relevant estimating, cost and commercial support is provided throughout the tendering phase.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers throughout the tendering phase.
- Managing commercial risks on tenders to ensure risks are identified early and either eliminated or managed appropriately during the preparation and clarification phases of the tender process.
- Supporting with developing and defining the cost base, contingency, competitor analysis and risk provision for the technical solution.
- Ensuring active management of all Tender Clarifications on allocated tender with respect to client, subcontractors and suppliers.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience and skills:
- Experience in a commercial environment performing a similar role which demonstrates exposure to the key commercial concepts in relation to commercial risk management with specific emphasis on tendering activities.
- Experience of estimating techniques for the oil and gas industry and demonstrable knowledge and experience of estimating tools
- Awareness of standard oil & gas contractual terms and conditions.
- Technical and practical understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, and installation methods and techniques as applicable to the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrable high level of competence in the discharge of such commercial duties.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and direction.
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Experience in offshore / subsea related industrial environment.
- Degree level qualification in Quantity Surveying, Business Administration / Management or Purchasing discipline.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team