(Senior) Contract Specialist - VR/28942
Requirement for a Senior/Contract Specialist to join an E&P company for a 12-month contract. There are many benefits to working as a PAYE contractor for this organisation, including a compressed working week, hybrid/flexible working, and 38 days of annual leave!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-qualification of the market to evaluate and identify suitable vendors.
- Preparing tender strategies and Invitation to Tender packages/documentation for one-off contracts or Master Services Agreements.
- Leading detailed quantitative and qualitative tender evaluation, direct contractual and commercial negotiation in accordance with contracting principles.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders to evaluate tenders, obtain contract award approvals and contract execution.
- Developing and presenting detailed recommendations to management.
- Processing requisitions once approved by budget holders into call-off/purchase orders, applying due diligence to pricing and Terms and Conditions, issuing to suppliers, tracking return of signed order and expediting same.
- Negotiating and administering commercial contracts and system generated call-off orders against master service contracts across the business.
- Responsibility for contract risk mitigation and commercial optimisation ensuring best value.
- Providing post-award administration support including contract amendment and variation administration reporting.
- Responsibility for key supplier performance and relationship management, including KPIs.
- Developing and managing detailed project procurement plans.
- Ensuring the Supply Chain Department Procurement Plan is kept up to date.
- Ensuring effective cost/budget tracking and CTR management.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Significant experience gained in an oil and gas contracts role, performing comparable duties in an operator setting.
- Experience in drilling and wells type contracts/tenders.
- Detailed knowledge of LOGIC model contracts.
- Proven ability to deal with many key suppliers, build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders in Wells Department.
- Knowledge of Oracle/Maximo or similar ERP or procurement and materials systems.
- Willing to be 'hands on' to manage all types of contracts, large and small.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident and assertive.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Strong negotiator.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Preferably educated to degree level, preferably in a business/commercial, legal or quantity surveying related discipline.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) accredited or working towards.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team