.NET Developer - VR/22915
Dynamic, forward looking yet well-established industry leading electrical distribution company has a fantastic opportunity for a skilled .NET Developer to join their team. This strategically pivotal role will both lead and drive the continued evolution of the organisation while ensuring results are delivered to customers, suppliers and customers.
Based on the south side of Aberdeen, the company is part of an international group with global reach and their faced-paced environment will provide a challenging and varied role for an IT professional with a passion for technology, a hunger to learn and a commitment to finding quality solutions through engineering best practice.
This role will be responsible for helping the company to focus on producing the highest quality server and web-based software to provide the best user experiences for our staff, customers and suppliers. Using modern tooling for automated testing and one-click deployment from development right through to production this allows the team to focus on delivering features and value to their products. The .NET Developer will have access to excellent hardware, software and training resources.
Reporting into the IT Manager the .NET Developer will join a small, dedicated team who are committed to delivery across frontline helpdesk support, infrastructure, ERP system management, CRM management, reporting and BI. Although closely integrated with the whole team there is no direct management responsibility at this stage, however there may be opportunity to grow this element of the department with the introduction of a Junior Developer in time.
The parent company is one of the largest distributors to the energy and industrial sectors. They stock and sell a comprehensive offering of products for the upstream, midstream, and downstream and industrial market segments. They are an industry-leading provider of pipe, valves and valve automation, fittings, instrumentation, mill and industrial supplies, tools, safety supplies, electrical products, drilling and production equipment, artificial lift, pumps, fabricated equipment, and industrial paints and coatings to the upstream, midstream, and downstream and industrial markets. They also offer supply chain solutions such as procurement, inventory, warehouse management logistics, safety and turnaround support services, project management, and business process and performance metrics reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and mentoring external supplier of development solutions, including constant process monitoring and evaluation.
- Principal contact and key escalation point for third party suppliers.
- Involvement in major projects across the organisation including ERP upgrade, integration projects and overhaul of their shop platform.
- Providing input and influence throughout on-going transitional phase.
- BAU support across the organisation.
- Maintaining delivery of service to customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid programming skills in .NET compliant languages
- Experience in the company’s typical development stack;
- NET MVC;
- SQL Server; and
- RavenDB is a plus but not essential.
- Up to date knowledge of modern HTML, CSS and JS.
- Experience of Azure and Terraform, however this is a bonus and not essential.
- The ability to adapt quickly and seamlessly move between projects in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience of comparable or similar industry sector.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team