1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer - VR/27017
We are supporting a nationwide, market leading company who are expanding their IT support function. This progressive organisation is looking for both 1st and a 2nd Line Support Engineers to join their experienced and knowledgeable team on a permanent basis. Based on site there is also a requirement to cover other locations in the area so holding a full driving licence is mandatory.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitoring the helpdesk and resolving IT issues efficiently.
- Working with the rest of the IT team on various projects, locally and remotely.
- Following and maintaining documentation.
- Configuring and rolling out new machines for new and existing users where required.
- Upgrading or repairing hardware when required.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting a variety of printers and drivers.
- Configuring, monitoring, and testing backups on a regular schedule.
- Supporting users to use Windows 10 and Office 365 effectively and resolving any issues.
- Supporting the use of iPhones and Android devices.
- Supporting CCTV systems.
- Procuring hardware and software as required.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to manage workload and prioritise urgent items accordingly.
- A working understanding of network and data security.
- Clean driving license.
Favourable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of working with PLCs, Access Points and Switches.
- An understanding of networking, particularly VLANs and VPNs.
- Experience repairing physical IT hardware.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team