A&R Accountant - VR/23670
A&R Accountant required for an initial 6-month contract, with possibility of further extension. This is an exciting opportunity to join the A&R Team within a leading E&P organisation. The team are responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting for management, statutory and regulatory purposes.
Reporting to the A&R Manager, the A&R Accountant will support the team in meeting their goals by delivering accounting support and performing financial controls for allocated process areas. This will include month end reporting (PL, CF, BS and Tax), Fixed Asset processing, balance sheet reconciliations and journal creation.
- Supporting the delivery of a high quality and efficient close processes, performing activities such as journal creation and posting, reconciling sub ledgers, report creation, mismatch investigations and issue resolution.
- Assisting with financial statement reporting – PL, CF, BS and tax.
- Providing accounting and financial control support for specific process areas, for example; reconciliations, calculating accruals, identifying and resolving intercompany differences and assisting with accounting queries.
- Performing appropriate controls for relevant process areas, ensuring that all activities are managed with challenge and accuracy.
- Supporting the delivery of all relevant local regulatory requirements (e.g. OTO, EITI, EUTD, SSB), for example by accessing relevant data and generating the information to be reported.
- Constructively challenging the status quo identifying and proposing new ways of working.
- Qualified or part-qualified Accountant.
- SAP Experience – experience in using the fixed asset module would be beneficial.
- Strong excel skills.
- BPC experience an advantage.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team