Accountant - VR/23665
Accountant required on a permanent basis for global offshore services provider based in Aberdeen City Centre. This role will suit a part qualified individual currently studying with experience or a qualified by experience individual ideally from an oil and gas background. Duties will include preparation and review of financial results, responsibility for the general ledger, reconciliations, reporting, intercompany balances, maintenance of fixed asset register, managing accounts payable and receivable, VAT and auditing.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your role will include:
Main duties and responsibilities
- Preparing and reviewing accurate financial results.
- Responsible for the integrity of the general ledger.
- Responsible for preparation, reporting and reconciliations of sales and cost accruals.
- Completing monthly KPI schedules.
- Preparing supplementary disclosures.
- Assisting with the payroll process and liaising with appropriate agencies.
- Reconciliation and entry into the General Ledger.
- Tax treatment of all financial transactions.
- Managing intercompany balances, reconciling and matching with group counterparties.
- Assisting with the management of Debtors.
- Managing accounts payable.
- Managing accounts receivable.
- Managing the use of credit cards.
- Vendor and contract management.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Fixed Asset register and running depreciation monthly.
- Assisting with quarterly VAT Return.
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations.
Applicants to this role require
- Part or recently qualified or qualified by experience.
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines with high levels of accuracy and skills in problem solving.
- Good communication skills, must be comfortable and professional dealing with Senior Management.
- Good technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems required.
- FCCS/HFM knowledge preferred.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Extensive experience in a finance role.
- Industry experience required.
- ERP experience essential, with knowledge of FCCS, Hyperion, or other group reporting solutions being preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team