Application Supervisor – VR/24697
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious oil and gas operators in the North East to source an Application Supervisor on a permanent basis. With responsibility for ensuring IS operational capabilities achieve regulatory or statutory compliance requirements, the right candidate for this post will possess extensive experience of delivering governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
Purpose of Role
- Responsible for leading, directing and delivering the Application Team and services with aim to consistently meet current and future requirements of the business. The role supports the business objectives by providing safe, secure and reliable IS network to ensure sustainability and efficiency of IS services while adhering to cyber security requirements and principles.
- Responsible for supporting the product portfolio of applications from both a run and build perspective, ensuring that applications are maintained and developed in line with product roadmaps with lifecycle planning.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining operational documentation (including processes, procedures, design and configuration, and operating manuals)
- The role works with appropriate teams and third-party vendors to ensure the integrity of the Harbour Energy’s application services.
- Additionally, the role supports the Product Lead in defining resilience and disaster recovery strategies.
- A key requirement of the role is to work with the Product Lead to implement improved ways of working demonstrated by results such as the level of reliability of application services.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Delivering application related BAU services to Harbour through either direct staff or managing service provision.
- Leading, coaching and developing Technical Team.
- Developing the strategic direction for the function, ensuring that there are initiatives to support completive objectives for the department.
- Working with the Product Lead to develop workforce plans that ensure IS operations can supply skilled resources to meet current and future demand across the enterprise.
- Bringing knowledge and experience to set functional goals aligned with the overall IS and business strategy.
- Adhering to enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
- Supporting the on-going security, performance, stability, maintenance and monitoring of their application portfolio.
- Ensuring the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements.
- Owning the development of asset inventories within the organisation's ecosystem.
- Building successful peer relationships with other IS and business functions through a clear understanding of business needs, and ensuring delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Working with the Product Lead and supply chain to support IS operations sourcing strategy and partner relationship management.
- Following the formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by IS Operations Teams.
- Coordinating roadmap development, facilitates planning, and driving quality against defined standards.
- Ensuring performance assessment is focused on standard products and services through outcomes and team collaboration.
- Driving the adoption of, and further development and enhancement of, re-usable, repeatable, standardised, and measurable processes.
- Developing and managing internal teams, and handling people management responsibilities including coaching, mentoring, training, and performance management.
- Responsible for ensuring IS operational capabilities achieve regulatory and statutory compliance requirements.
- Developing and maintaining the relationship with the product areas, including demand and resource planning.
- Works effectively within the product function and works closely with COEs (Centres of Excellence).
- Developing, deploying, and managing solutions to meet defined business specific needs as defined through the product maps / lifecycles.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all Harbour IS related processes, policies and work practices.
- Providing input to the Product Teams budget, portfolio of projects and resources, with robust processes and services that are fully aligned with the business goals.
- Driving development activity either via the product lines, COEs or project frameworks.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills, Qualifications Experience, etc.
- Strong industry and domain specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Experience of developing and implementing process improvements.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Develops staff through coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Competent in budget planning and financial management.
- Responsible for ensuring IS operational capabilities achieve regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- Experience of delivering governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with multi sourcing and vendor managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to the IS workforce.
- Proven experience in building and running multi discipline application support teams, working with business users, and third-party vendors.
- Experience of managing outsourced CMMS, WMS (maintenance and work management) services.
- Depth of technical experience of Maximo v7.6 and interfaces.
- Proven experience of application support and maintenance in the oil and gas sector or equivalent, covering systems such as control of work, exploration, maintenance, production operations and other upstream application disciplines.
- Demonstratable experience of working with a diverse and multi-national application vendor support model.
- Experience and knowledge of cloud application services.
- ITIL qualification (foundation at a minimum or similar demonstrated experience).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team