Automation Engineer - VR/27874
Currently recruiting for an experienced Automation Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a company that specialises in the design and manufacture of control systems. Based in Blackburn, Aberdeenshire, the successful candidate will work a 40-hour week.
The Automation Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Programming of PLC based control systems (Siemens TIA Portal) with many digital and analogue data points with remote I/O.
- Proving, building and testing design concepts (communication with VSD drives, battery chargers, HMI screens).
- Component selection and creating and approving Bills of Materials for automation parts.
- Technical manual writing, operating philosophies and I/O lists.
- Working with software, such as panel pilot, modpoll and modscan.
- Testing PLC-based control systems to prove their functionality.
- Designing and developing new technology.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An engineering degree qualification in a relevant discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Automation Engineer type role is essential.
- Experience with control systems is essential.
- Experience with the programming of Siemens PLC systems is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to have knowledge of industrial communication protocols, such as CAN bus, Profinet, Modbus and RS-485.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team