Buyer – VR/24621
A permanent opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join our client, a recognised market leader in their field.
In your role as Buyer, you will be tasked with ensuring that the procurement service meets the needs and standards of the company, as well as purchasing materials in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all requisitions and pricing requests are processed in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that all materials and services are sourced, priced, purchased and supplied in accordance with the company’s business management system.
- Ensuring that all orders placed meet requirements and protect the company’s interests, as well as legally binding and covering all relevant terms and conditions.
- Analysing and evaluating offers with regard to commercial and contractual issues and adequately addressing technical issues / evaluation to Technical Department.
- Selecting appropriate suppliers to purchase materials from, in line with supplier management strategies.
- Committing purchase orders in a timely and cost-efficient manner, within limits of financial authority, against duly approved requisitions and with company approved suppliers.
- Producing MRP reports on a daily basis and placing any resulting stock orders.
- Identifying and mitigating risks, wherever necessary, and ensuring that suppliers fulfil the contracts / purchase orders.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal customers, advising of any changes to products, delivery / lead times, prices and new product ranges.
- Processing invoice queries.
- Supporting the set-up and supervision of supplier agreements for required good and services, and subsequent management of these agreements.
- Taking initiative and driving processes to achieve targets relating savings and cost avoidance by means of negotiation, leveraging spending volume, competitive bidding, developing sourcing alternatives and utilisation of surplus materials.
Applicants to this position should offer extensive experiencing in a buyer / procurement capacity, with knowledge of a range of purchasing methods and procedures. A relevant professional qualification / membership (i.e. CIPS) is preferred, but not essential.
You should excellent communication skills, be a competent user of Microsoft packages and have a working knowledge and experience of ERP systems.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team