Buyer – VR/24840
Buyer required to join a world-leading organisation in their field. This is an office-based, permanent position in the Dyce area of Aberdeen.
In your role as Buyer, you’ll procure the goods and services required by the organisation, to the required specification and quality level, ensuring a competitive price and delivery in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- With guidance from the Supply Chain Manager, assisting to source suitable suppliers to fulfill current and potential future requirements.
- Liaising with suppliers and developing strong working relationships.
- Negotiating the best price and ensuring vendor can arrange accurate and timely delivery.
- Expediting orders to ensure agreed delivery times are met.
- Ensuring the procurement process is effective and identifying any procedural improvements.
- Processing requisitions, RFQs, quotes and issuing purchase orders.
- Using Navision Requisition and Purchasing Module.
- Advising and assisting Navision users in requisition process, ensuring that the requisitioner provides relevant information to the Purchasing Department.
- Assisting the Supply Chain Manager with monitoring and updating the approved vendor list.
Applicants to this position should offer a proven track record working in a similar purchasing role, ideally within the oil and gas industry. You should be highly organised, comfortable working to deadlines and will need excellent communication skills.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team