Buyer - VR/25969
Experienced Buyer thinking about your next career move? Look no further! We are supporting an internationally recognised leader in subsea well intervention to expand its busy procurement team. This is a permanent, office-based position in the Bridge of Don area of Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the business, with the aim of extracting maximum value from the company’s relationship with its vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issuing vendor master file requests.
- Ensuring all PO’s are actioned in a timely fashion and are approved in accordance with the Authority Limit Matrix.
- Creating and issuing Supply Chain reports.
- Setting-up systems for the control, maintenance, filing and archiving of company documents and records.
- Ensuring accurate specification of certification required from vendors.
- Liaising with the Accounts team regarding for invoice queries.
- Assisting in logistics arrangements with Stores personnel, when required.
- Participating in department meetings and improvement initiatives.
- Identifying opportunities for the negotiation and creation of Frame Agreements.
- Assisting with audits as required.
This opportunity is well-suited to applicants with significant experience in a Purchasing / Procurement role, ideally within the oil and gas industry (vessel-related experience would be an advantage).
A relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPS) is preferred, though not essential.
You’ll need experience of working with purchasing systems and should be proficient with Microsoft Office. Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential, as is the ability to manage a demanding workload.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team