Buyer - VR/28871
Buyer required on a permanent basis for a manufacturer based in Cove. You will be the main point of contact with suppliers and be responsible for preparing, negotiating, managing, and coordinating agreements and supporting the procurement of raw materials.
As Buyer, you will be required to lead the development and execution of sourcing strategy for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Purchasing all materials and goods.
- Providing sourcing strategies options.
- Managing communications with suppliers and serving as the main point of contact.
- Supporting other departments to forecast demand and planning purchasing needs.
- Coordinating bid/supplier meetings.
- Providing understanding of current supplier base and knowledge of contract terms.
- Negotiating and delivering savings.
- Helping to resolve supplier performance issues.
- Leading and enabling effective resolution of emergency sourcing needs.
- Developing and maintaining supplier database for critical materials.
- Building and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Working with other departments to review all raw material prices.
Applicants to this role require:
- Previous experience in a purchasing environment.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Tracking records for delivering results.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Experienced and effective negotiator.
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships.
- Customer service driven.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team