CAPEX Project Engineer - VR/27335
Currently recruiting for an experienced CAPEX Project Engineer on a contract basis for a subsea company based in Dyce, Aberdeen. It is a 12-month fixed-term contract position, and the company are open to taking on a candidate on either a salaried or PAYE contractor basis.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for carrying out project specific engineering to support the delivery of Well Intervention Systems CAPEX projects and general engineering activities. The Project Engineer will arrange and participate in regular project meetings, including design reviews.
Reporting to the CAPEX Project Manager, the CAPEX Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting all project engineering activities to meet project deadlines.
- Contributing to the interpretation of project specifications.
- Contributing to the design of well-engineered products.
- Creating and reviewing product specification documents.
- Supporting the creation and analysis of component and assembly models.
- Creating and reviewing detailed drawings (i.e., general assembly, component parts, hydraulic and electrical schematics).
- Creating and reviewing component, process and verification documents.
- Creating and reviewing test procedures and manuals.
- Reviewing vendor supplied documentation against specifications and PO requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards, and in-house design philosophies.
- Ensuring all aspects of design (i.e., engineering, manufacturability, HSE, cost, form fit and function) have been correctly identified and addressed.
- Working closely with teams to develop solutions.
- Continuously searching for new and innovative technical solutions to improve processes, products and systems.
- Generating change control documents and initiating review.
- Attending and managing build, wiring, tubing and testing of components at build and test facilities.
- Attending offshore installation and commissioning of project scopes, as required.
- Supporting document control department to manage and maintain MDLs and project folders.
- Providing project reports as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HND / Degree qualification in an Engineering discipline is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar Project Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas industry, is essential.
- Pervious experience within a subsea engineering environment, as well as mechanical design experience, is essential.
- Operational experience with well control and/or well intervention systems would be advantageous.
- Previous project interface engineering experience would be preferred.
- Applicants should have project management and scheduling experience.
- Applicants should be familiar with current industry standards (e.g., API 6a, 16D, 17D, 17G and ISO 13628-7).
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team