CNC Machinist (Fanuc) - VR/27781
We are looking to recruit CNC Machinists on a permanent staff basis for our client based in Bridge of Don. Candidates should have experience using Fanuc controls and ideally have experience manufacturing premium threads.
Carrying out production of good quality components and premium threads on OCTG Pipe and Accessories, duties including general handling activities, operation of CNC lathes with Fanuc controls, cleaning, 5’s and assisting other staff as required, in support of reliable process operations and maintenance.
Overview job description
- Carrying out operational duties on your own and with other members of the Operations and Maintenance Teams.
- Operating cranes, plant, and equipment, including monitoring requirements as directed.
- Setting up and operating CNC lathes, Basic programming and reading of engineering drawings.
- Carrying out general daily maintenance checks of lathes, equipment, and site maintenance (including safety and security checks) as required.
- Assisting as required other members of the operations and maintenance teams, in minimising downtime of plant, whilst ensuring process compliance.
- Identifying where corrective action is required, and to take the appropriate action where necessary.
- Carrying out all duties in a safe and efficient manner, with the minimum of supervision.
- Participating as required in continuous improvement initiatives utilising 5’s principles.
Applicants to this role require
- Job specific skills and competencies of setting up and operating CNC lathes, Knowledge of basic programming desirable but not essential.
- Strong numeracy and literacy is required, and the post-holder must be able to work with both care and accuracy. The job will be physical in nature and will require the person to be fit and trained in manual handling techniques.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and competent in machining large and small complex components.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team