CNC Machinist (Horizontal Borer / Miller) - VR/21209
One of the world’s leading names in the manufacture of offshore drilling equipment has a requirement for a CNC Horizontal Borer / Miller to join their Manufacturing Team for a permanent staff basis.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Foreman, the successful candidates will be responsible for producing components as per drawings detail, to schedule, at a predetermined quality standard, effectively and efficiently while maintaining a safe working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and operating horizontal boring mills / milling machine centres as required by the Supervisor.
- Working to manufacturing standard operating procedures, checklist and operations manuals.
- Continually reviewing= processes and suggesting, implementing productivity improvements.
- Working to COSHH regulations, risk assessments and work procedures.
- Stamping and deburring components as appropriate.
- Responsible for quality and first past yield.
- Ensuring all tooling removed is documented correctly and then returned to its appropriate location when not in use.
Applicants to this role require
- Previous experience of setting and running CNC horizontal boring mill or milling machine centre.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- Time served in mechanical engineering.
- Abrasive wheels.
- Lifting and slinging.
- Manual handling.
- Ability to work horizontal or vertical lathes.
- Knowledge of Giddings and Lewis / Fanuc control systems.
On offer is the opportunity to work with leading name in a busy Manufacturing Department. This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team