CNC Machinist (Turner) - VR/21023
One of the world’s leading names in the manufacture of offshore drilling equipment has a requirement for a CNC Machinist to join their Manufacturing Team for a permanent staff basis.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Foreman, you will be responsible for the production of components efficiently, safely and on time to a predetermined quality standard in a cost-effective manner that satisfies the production schedule per drawings supplied while maintaining a safe working environment and work quality.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and operation of horizontal / vertical lathes as directed by Supervisor.
- Ensuring that all procedures / paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off when required.
- Aptitude and willingness to assist with streamlining and improving overall manufacturing efficiencies.
- Working to COSHH regulations, risk assessments and work procedures.
- Stamping and deburring components appropriately.
- Taking ownership and accountability for own work and accurately describing events during quality related investigations to aide Supervisor in understanding root cause analysis where required.
Applicants to this role require:
- Semi-skilled in Mechanical Engineering.
- Previous experience of setting and running CNC horizontal or vertical lathes.
- Previous experience working within a Manufacturing environment.
- Use of industrial measuring equipment.
On offer is the opportunity to work with leading name in a busy Manufacturing Department. This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team