Chemical Regulatory / Compliance Specialist - VR/22754
Initial 6 month contract in support of business operations in European Economic Area (EEA) and consistent with the Company Management System, the REACH Specialist assists the REACH Team in actively addressing regulatory compliance matters pertaining to chemical import / use to ensure REACH compliance within the company.
Participating in the REACH activities in EUR and SCA GeoMarkets by advising internal / external customers (operations, supply chain, etc.) of regulatory requirements pertaining to chemicals purchase, use and importation. In addition, the REACH Specialist supports operations in relation to compliance with the REACH regulation and standards imposed by European regulatory authorities.
Providing support in connection with REACH matters including:
- Assisting the REACH Team in communicating and informing the organisation with the requirements for the movement of chemicals into the EUR and SCA GeoMarkets.
- Assisting in the development of REACH registrations processes and procedures that address the movement of chemicals intra and internationally.
- Assisting in the development and provide training for the organization on such processes and the internal and external requirements for the movement of chemicals.
- REACH support for operations requests.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Advising on REACH compliance through direct communication with operations
- (sustaining), product development (PLMP), InTouch, QUEST, supply chain, QHSE, trade control, clients, chemical suppliers and government agencies.
- Responsible for assessing REACH requirements in the EEA and monitoring regulatory changes in REACH
- Advising Management and Development on environmental matters and testing requirements.
- Maintaining contacts with consultants on REACH related matters and environmental testing.
- Participating in trade, government, client, and other REACH relevant activities deemed beneficial.
- Adhering to QHSE policies and practices.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiastic about working in regulatory compliance field.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience related with the Chemical portfolio, and / or Well Services operations, and / or HSE field and or Supply Chain.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in environmental science, or chemical / environmental engineering is preferred.
- Field operation experience will be a plus.
- Computer literacy and working skills with Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, and other distributed software, as appropriate, are required.
- Thorough knowledge of QHSE policies and standards in conjunction with the knowledge of the products and services.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team