Chemist (temporary) - VR/21621
We are currently looking for an onshore Chemist on a temporary contract for approximately 6 months.
Purpose of Job:
- Responsible for the execution of allocated technical projects.
- Required to undertake the relevant testing within the project and deliver technical reports to Sales on behalf of the customer.
- Responsible for new product formulation, when required.
- Ensure QC checks are carried out.
- Comply with lab safety and environmental requirements and perform checks consistent with company requirements and legislation.
- Ensure Laboratory equipment is fully maintained and undertake laboratory testing.
- Assist where appropriate with laboratory audits and ensure the appropriate inventory of consumables is ordered and maintained.
- Carry out technical visits with customer interactions and present at industry conferences.
- May be required from time to time to make field trips in line with project needs.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Providing the sample in line with the request, conduct QC checks and pass to dispatcher.
- Undertaking workplace inspections.
- Making sure all equipment you are working on is fully operational, calibrated and maintained.
- Conducting testing according to procedures, ensuring that results are accurate and reproducible.
- Taking corrective action where required and report any defects.
- Laboratory testing and maintenance.
- Supporting of a request from sales to provide a sample.
- Checking all components are available and take appropriate action when needed.
- Project delivery.
- Sample request preparation.
- Providing the requested outputs of the work to the relevant stakeholders.
- Planning and carrying out work.
- Acting on the projects allocated to you.
- Ensuring that all lab activities are undertaken according to company HSE policy and legislation.
- Ensuring that safety control measures are applied and PPE is worn.
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, or relevant work experience required.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team