Cloud Developer - VR/24231
TMM Recruitment are working with a major, multi-national energy organisation based in Westhill to bring in an experienced Cloud Developer to join their team ASAP on a contract basis until November 2022. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and remote working will be available, however there is also a requirement to attend the office in person on a regular basis. The role holder will review and provide guidelines to various teams in relation to the migration of legacy on premise applications to a modern cloud platform and so must have experience in cloud software solution architecture patterns and best practices.
Scope of role:
Reviewing and providing guidelines to various team in relation to the migration of legacy on premise applications to a modern cloud platform. The scope will include a review of existing applications to define which application are in scope for migration, redevelopment of the applications in scope on the Azure cloud platform and contributing to the enhancement of the existing technical framework and development standards for cloud native application development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating in the design and creation of scalable software.
- Writing clean, functional code on the front- and back-end.
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js.
- Developing backend components using the Microsoft.NET stack.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Working with Development Teams and Product Managers to design software solutions.
- Designing client-side and server-side architecture.
- Developing and managing well-functioning databases and applications.
- Designing and implement RESTful APIs.
- Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Problem solving, debugging and upgrading software.
- Ensuring cloud native products are secure following industry best practices.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Participating in a review of existing on-premise applications to define which application are in scope for migration to the Cloud Platform.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in cloud software solution architecture patterns and best practices.
- The design and implementation of web applications.
- Ensuring the back and front end are designed for speed and scalability.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with git and common workflows such as GitOps or GitFlow.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or any modern CI/CD tool.
- Experience with developing front ends for industrial applications is a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. C#, Java, Python).
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI / UX design.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Organisational skills.
- An analytical mind.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team