Commercial Advisor - VR/21889
Commercial Advisor required to join an independent oil and gas E&P company based in Kingswells. This is a 12-month contract position to cover maternity leave. The position is offered on either a PAYE contractor (day-rate) or fixed-term contract (salaried) basis - depending on your preference.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your duties and responsibilities as Commercial Advisor will include:
- Ensuring that the company meets all Decommissioning Security Agreement (DSA) obligations for both operated and non-operated assets, and working with Treasury and LawDeb to ensure security is posted. Identifying issues that could impact LC postings and assessing the impact on the overall level of DSA posting (near-term and 5-year forecast).
- Representing the company at external JV meetings; representing company at allocated commercial sub-committees and OPCOMS, deputising for the Non-Op Asset Manager at OPCOM as necessary. Interfacing with JV partners and other stakeholders as required.
- Ensuring complete understanding and implications of commercial agreements being negotiated or executed and how they can be used to maximise value for the company. Key focus on DSAs, JOAs, TPOSAs, Offshore Gas Sales, Cost Carry Agreement.
- Undertaking investigations and analysis in support of resolution of issues / commercial negotiations. Leading commercial negotiations as opportunities arise e.g. negotiation of post-tax DSA.
- Undertaking economic analysis on an ad-hoc basis to establish / support commercial proposals or positions. Ensuring full understanding of impact on commercial position and advising / making recommendations accordingly.
- For assigned assets, delivering economics for the semi-annual CAD to corporate requirements and deadlines.
- Providing commercial support and guidance for various activities relating to the UKBU or other corporate business as required. e.g. OGA Activity Survey.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar position, ideally within an Operator/E&P environment. You should be a competent negotiator with strong knowledge of commercial agreements that govern JV operations.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team