Commercial Advisor - VR/22094
A permanent opportunity for a Commercial Advisor to join an oil and gas E&P company based in Westhill. Providing support to a full range of commercial activities related to the management of the company’s operated and non-operated interests and, where required, in respect of business development and exploration opportunities.
As Commercial Advisor, your duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Taking a supporting or leading role for the company in the review / interpretation / negotiation / preparation of commercial matters – e.g. joint operating agreements, transportation agreements, pipeline agreements, product sales contracts, third party access requests.
- Ensuring senior management are fully appraised of all key issues / emerging situations / strategic options, etc. Proposing suitable solutions.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure that Operated / Non-Operated field development and operational plans are properly validated and aligned with the company’s best interests and that the Operator is applying sound operating and maintenance procedures.
- Working closely with other members of the Commercial Team to develop and implement commercial strategies and tactical plans to develop and manage the company’s current and future business.
- Providing advice and guidance on commercial matters to colleagues, Senior Management / co-ventures’ / external stakeholders.
- Representing the company at relevant external meetings (J.V. sessions, OpComs, FinComs, etc.) – ensuring the company’s best interests are protected and promoted.
- Preparing requests for expenditure. Ensuring requests are aligned with budgets for approval by partners and works with partner group to gain support of same.
- Providing input to e.g. the business plan, asset plans and annual budgets – and, where appropriate, working with partner group to gain support of same.
- Preparing / presenting proposed commercial recommendations / options to Legal, Commercial Board (LCB) and undertaking follow-up activities consistent with LCB guidance.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of commercial and fiscal developments, A&D market activities, etc. and ensuring the company management are properly briefed on all developments.
- Maintaining a risk and obligations register relating to all commercial activities.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar commercially-focused role, ideally within an Oil & Gas Operator / E&P environment.
It is essential that you are a good relationship builder, comfortable with extensive use of Microsoft Excel and are conversant with industry-specific agreements, contractual terms, commercial developments
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team