Commercial Analyst (Offshore Wind) - VR/25705
Opportunity for a Commercial Analyst to join an international energy company, supporting the development of an offshore wind project in Scotland. This is a permanent position, based primarily in the Aberdeen area (Westhill) and will also involve regular travel to Edinburgh.
As Commercial Analyst, you’ll lead on the creation of complex financial models supporting the power sales strategy and the commercial grid agreements, as well as other commercial aspects of the project.
This role will provide ongoing guidance into the impact of changes to financial agreements and will support the preparation of commercial grid applications through in depth financial analysis, and the impact of these changes across the whole project.
The Commercial Analyst will be experienced in working with financial models in large complex projects and have commercial experience in the renewables industry.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing the commercial outputs of the project and in particular the Grid Connection / HV services strategy.
- Evaluating the development of Procurement, Construction and O&M plans through analysing the financial impact on the power offtake and the grid connection strategies.
- Supporting the Grid & Power Offtake Manager in creating and implementing the power sales strategy to maximise returns for the project through a mix of contracts for supply of power by undertaking complex financial modelling addressing all relevant financial
- Modelling power sales alternatives, market specific power sales solutions and business models such as project specific, Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), hydrogen sales and transport agreements, in coordination with related internal and external processes.
- Creating complex financial models addressing the impact of specific grid commercial agreements on the financial elements of the wind farm grid connection and the project as a whole.
- Supporting the Grid Commercial Lead in reviewing commercial requirements mandated by the National Grid and other bodies by undertaking complex financial modelling addressing all relevant financial
- Providing analysis of ongoing commercial engagement with the National Grid to assess opportunities for financial
- Modelling the financial impact of future agreement modifications and advising the Grid Commercial Lead on how to effectively engage with the National Grid, BEIS and other
- Utilising financial models and analysis to support the preparation of commercial grid connection applications to the National Grid and addressing commercial elements, losses and liabilities related to framework agreements.
Our client seeks applicants offering the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Degree educated or above, or professional qualification, in a highly numerical of mathematical subject and CFA qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably working with financial models for large complex projects.
- Commercial experience in offshore wind, or large scale renewable power generation.
- Ability to communicate complex financial information to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of the specific project stages and commercial elements involved in offshore wind projects.
- Very good written and oral communication skills in multicultural environments, with the ability to enable effective discussion and team orientation in a constructive manner.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage own workload and meet timescales.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven with commercial acumen.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team