Commercial Analyst - VR/26447
Permanent opportunity for a Commercial Analyst with our client, a leading service company. Within this role you will be involved with the preparation of management accounts, reviewing contract financial performance and analysis of contract terms. Applicants should have experience of working in a similar role and ideally be studying towards a professional accountancy qualification.
- Preparing monthly Management Accounts and supporting variance analysis.
- Collating contract budgeting/forecasting information and checking on integrity of information provided to ensure dependability of information provided.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, processes and procedures related to the management of commercial aspects.
- Supporting Operations Teams in the execution of contracts related to financial and overall performance against agreed budgets and preparation of reports in accordance with company procedures.
- Invoicing, accounts, procurement, tendering.
- Collating all relevant start-up information for jobs/phases and setting-up in company database.
- Reporting to Senior Management the on-going financial performance of each job by preparing monthly management accounts. These will include accruals and prepayments, with the reported performance being fully analysed and explained via supporting variance analysis.
- Studying and familiarising oneself with relevant contract commercial terms and conditions and monitoring to ensure compliance with these.
- Reviewing all invoices for completeness and correctness prior to submission to client.
- Assisting in preparation of valuations on Fixed Price jobs.
- Managing variations – including the identification, quantification, submission and agreement of.
- Assisting Business Delivery Managers in the preparation of monthly cost / value reports and to conduct subsequent analysis, review and feedback.
- Setting up appropriate cost control/monitoring mechanisms and conducting ongoing audit and reviews of same provided to ensure dependability of information provided.
- Assisting in preparation and resolving claims.
- Submitting annual rates uplifts.
- Assisting in re-negotiation of revised contract terms.
- Identifying areas of commercial weakness and assisting in rectifying/improving such problems.
- Cross-sharing of ideas between different contracts to ensure lessons learnt from both positive and negative influences. (Exporting the positives to other areas/contracts and making recommendations to eradicate weaknesses.)
- Assisting in the standardisation of techniques and reporting mechanisms as far as is possible.
- Assisting in preparing/reviewing the commercial element of Business Cases.
- Interfacing with Procurement Team on any project specific aspects that fall outwith Master Supplier/Sub-Contract Agreements (to ensure that optimum solution reached for the company.)
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team