Commercial Manager - VR/26922
As Commercial Manager, you’ll be a key member of the Regional Leadership Team responsible for managing and improving the commercial function for the regional business unit, maintaining pre-and-post award commercial activities for the business and its clients, and all aspects of costing, pricing, commercial terms, analysis and bid activities with a focus on driving excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of Regional Commercial Leads and Specialists.
- Executing long-term strategic activities and innovations in coordination with regional business groups.
- Influencing and implementing short-term tactical decisions made by regional and global management.
- Providing day-to-day and tactical commercial support to regional business groups including relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with the Sales Team in support of ongoing sales opportunities.
- Investigating new or alternative commercial response.
- Collating accurate information on competitor pricing gleaned from the market and other sources.
- Managing the coordination, preparation, and submission of customer RFI / RFQ / ITT responses, in line with internal bid process and client requirements.
- Analysing and reviewing customer requirements, investigating new or alternative markets for company services, including alternative commercial models (e.g., contracting models and KPI formulation where appropriate).
- Ensuring bids are documented and kept up to date within CRM.
- Defining rate build up requirements and setting standards for cost transparency and control, ensuring cost in bids and projects are accurate.
- Participating in the identification and execution of business goals and objectives.
- Managing the data of all commercial activities and drive improvements through commercial models and performance metrics.
- Communicating progress and understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by the business to help drive continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that all the disciplines interact and work together by meeting regularly and communicating progress often.
- Providing leadership to the bid / no bid criteria and meetings.
- Leading client / contract negotiations to secure the best possible outcome for the business.
- Assessing business risk for new opportunities, current contracts, and potential new business streams.
- Conducting ‘lessons learned’ reviews and driving implementation and tracking of improvement actions.
- Providing commercial leadership to key accounts, new emerging technologies and/or multi-regional scope.
- Participating and, where necessary, leading QA / QC investigations into identified cost of poor-quality issues.
- Leading post-award commercial activities with Operations, Finance, and Contract Teams.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Extensive experience in a similar commercial role, ideally within the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in Integrity and Inspection services would be beneficial.
- Experience of ERP and CRM systems, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to stimulates team spirit in the working environment.
- The ability to work unsupervised and manage own workload to deliver against challenging deadlines.
- The initiative, drive, and motivation to achieve company goals.
- The ability to manipulate and coordinate large volumes of data quickly and accurately.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team