Completion Engineer - VR/23485
Currently recruiting for an experienced Completion Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is predicted that the contract will last for 12 months and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role and all applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK.
The Completion Engineer will be responsible for the planning of wells for the Mariner project. This role would suit an experienced Completion Engineer, who has previous experience of working in a similar role, directly with and oil and gas operator.
The Completion Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver well planning.
- Delivering risk assessments in well planning.
- Preparing well planning reports.
- Performing QA / QC of engineering deliverables in well planning and execution.
- Planning Well On Paper reviews and experience sharing workshops.
- Engineering design using Landmark software suite (tubing stress analysis, torque and drag).
- Leading and reviewing engineering design input from contractors.
- Developing and reviewing Well Barrier Schematics.
- Evaluating offset data and implement lessons learned.
- Evaluating and specifying well equipment.
- Preparing time and cost estimates.
- Delivering Well Permits and notifications, aligned with UK requirements.
- Preparing detailed operational procedures for use at the rig site.
- Reviewing the detailed operational procedures and risk assessments with the multi-disciplinary team ahead of operations (service company, rig contractor, offshore and onshore personnel).
- Participating in subsurface meetings and discussions during well planning and execution.
- Conducting post operations meetings with the team.
- Updating the as run detailed operational procedures and experience database with lessons learned.
- Compiling experience reports and final well reports.
- Developing and updating well and completion drawings with as run description of the well equipment.
- Performing detailed studies into new technologies, well design and optimisation projects - in support of the standardisation and simplification of the Mariner well design.
- Planning performance improvement workshops.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Completion Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with and oil and gas operator, is essential.
- Experience with the Landmark software suite is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess broad knowledge of / experience with completion planning and operations.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team