Contracts Analyst - VR/22585
12-month contract requirement for an experienced Contracts Analyst to work for our client, an oil and gas E&P company, based in the Kingswells area of Aberdeen.
In your role as Contracts Analyst, you will provide proactive commercial and contract management services to the Drilling & Completions function, ensuring that all work is completed in compliance with contract and company corporate standards. You’ll also proactively manage assigned contracts to ensure that the company is receiving the best value from its external supply relationships, as well as developing strong working relationships with proponent groups and assigned supplier representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for a portfolio of wide-ranging contracts to support the company’s Drilling & Completions operations.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the contracting strategy, in support of all contracting activities.
- Providing advice and support to all levels of company personnel on matters relating to contracts planning, strategy and performance management.
- Undertaking all formal contracting activities relating to onshore/offshore service/work contracts including, assessment of internal and external demand, pre-qualifications, tender list development and developing strategies. Issuing of ITT, analysis of tenders, contract negotiations, preparation of contractual documentation and contract management plans.
- Undertaking post-award contract administration, including drafting and processing of amendments, variations, dispute management and obtaining internal & external approvals.
- Providing comprehensive advice on commercial and business risk.
- Contributing to the process of continuous improvement in the contracting process, including the adoption and sharing of best practice. Openly and proactively share knowledge.
- Ensuring a high quality of service is provided, that activities are completed to the highest professional and integrity standards and in accordance with the company’s contracting procedures/processes and business controls, whilst ensuring all decisions/commitments are recorded in an auditable manner.
- In conjunction with department manager’s company representatives, monitoring the performance of contractors and suppliers, developing highly positive and constructive relationships with key contacts, internally and externally and hold regular feedback meetings with these stakeholders.
- Taking ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge.
- Having a good understanding of outcome based contracting and transformational contracting methodologies which actively encourage superior performance.
Applicants to this position should have previous experience in a similar role, ideally within an Oil & Gas Operator environment. You should have a high-level of commercial awareness, a comprehensive understanding of contractual risk allocation and highly-developed facilitation and negotiation skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team