Contracts Specialist (Operations) - VR/26591
Join an independent E&P company in Aberdeen as a Contract Specialist for an initial duration of 12-months.
As Contracts Specialist, your duties as responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of high/medium value contracts pertaining to operating an offshore platform facility.
- Prioritising tender schedules and managing workload to meet business requirements.
- Leading the tender and evaluation process and making recommendations to management.
- Planning, conducting and concluding complex contract negotiations.
- Preparing detailed Recommendation to Award papers and presentations to review boards where required.
- Drafting agreements using standard templates.
- Contract management from kick-off to close-out.
- Providing contractual advice, support and interpretation to the Operations team.
- Leading complex negotiations.
- Leading claim and dispute teams, ensuring positive outcomes where applicable.
- Developing and implementing supplier relationship performance management plans, including performance reviews, and identifying improvement plans for any underperforming contracts.
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements through good communication and collaboration.
- Building and maintaining network and relationships with business and regulatory partners relevant to operated activities in the UK to secure necessary resources to achieve objectives.
- Monitoring the external environment to identify and take advantage of immediate business opportunities to improve results within defined area of responsibility.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Preference for degree qualification in business/management/law/QS or equivalent discipline.
- Extensive experience in oil and gas, with relevant experience in a range of categories.
- Professionally qualified i.e. CIPS, RICS
- Significant, in-depth knowledge and experience of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in the UKCS arena
- Demonstrable experience of tendering, awarding and managing high risk, high value contracts and procurement across a range of requirements pertaining to operating an offshore platform facility.
- Experienced in developing contract strategies, which have delivered overall value to the business.
- Competent and experienced contract negotiator.
- In-depth understanding of Contractor remuneration structures and their commercial implications.
- Managed internal and Contractor relationships at a senior level.
- A strong understanding of stakeholders and their interests.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team