Contracts Specialist - VR/22818
A permanent opportunity to join a global oil and gas service company. As Contracts Specialist, you’ll be tasked with protecting the contractual and commercial interests of the company, as well as maximising commercial opportunities and reporting on project status and the likely commercial outcome.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the detailed legal review of client-proposed draft contracts; identifying potential difficulties / challenges that may arise when administering the contract during execution phase.
- Liaising with the Tender Team to provide input on contractual and commercial risks identified during the review process.
- Assisting in negotiations with clients and joint venture partners.
- Assisting the Procurement Team to address contract, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to subcontractors or major suppliers during tender phase.
As an integral member of the project team, you’ll participate in strategic commercial discussions and decisions; ensuring that contract risks are identified, evaluated and mitigated.
- Providing accurate summaries of contract-related matters (contract synopsis, contract review, contract obligations matrix and guidance on contract requirements).
- Advising the Project Manager on aspects of project execution which deviate from contract requirement.
- Preparing and reviewing all relevant contractual correspondence exchanged during project execution.
- Monitoring all project deliverables as well as identify risks and opportunities.
- You’ll have overall responsibility for all contractual and commercial issues related to management of change.
- Coordinating any requirements for additional insurances, leading the process on all insurance claims (excluding litigation) and assisting the Project Manager whenever a loss and / or damaging falling under an insurance programme occurs.
- Assisting the Procurement Team to address contract, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to subcontractors or major suppliers.
- Issuing client notices.
- Preparation and management of inter-company orders.
- Participating in project reviews and providing input to project review reports.
- Overseeing the close-out of contracts/projects.
Applicants to this position should have significant experience in a similar role. Strong negotiation skills and excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team