Cost Analyst - Opex - VR/28347
Long term Cost Analyst role with E&P major. Holding strong analytical skills, you will work to optimise costs and assist with planning, forecasting and budgeting performance across the entire cost cycle. You will provide robust cost control, support the AFE approval process and complete insightful variance analysis.
You should ideally have proven cost management skills.
Previous knowledge of SAP 4 HANA would be advantageous.
Reporting into the Senior Cost Analyst, your role will entail the following:
- Establishing and maintaining strong cross functional relationships.
- Reviewing activities on an ongoing basis with the PREs to ensure forecasts reflect correct timing and costs.
- Providing support to PREs across the full spectrum of cost management with the primary focus on gross costs.
- Identifying cost management issues, escalating and actioning where required.
- Updating relevant cost forecasts.
- Monitoring commitments and accruals against cost categories and activities, ensuring cost validity.
- Preparing monthly journals.
- Supporting the preparation of annual budgets, reforecasts and monthly cost reporting.
- Supporting the preparation of cost estimates.
- Cost control, providing appropriate level of reporting utilizing S/4 Hana and SAP Analytics Cloud functionality.
- Managing functional allocation cycles for any campaigns, allocations etc.
- Supporting the creation and approval process for AFEs, ensuring correct approvals are in place.
- Liaising with Third Party Vendors as required.
- Supporting cost control programmes.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team