Customs Controller / Sales Support - VR/27346
Located in Aberdeen City Centre, our client is looking to add a Customs Controller / Sales Support Representative to their team on a permanent staff basis.
In your role, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment to efficiently process orders, produce and provide shipping documentation and interact with internal and external customers.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Applying for customs approvals on behalf of traders whilst giving advice on customs procedures and international trade.
- Monitoring, disseminating and updating policies / procedures, to address new and changing trade compliance laws and regulations.
- Ensuring export classifications, trade tariffs and licences are all consistent and accurate.
- Responding to customs related enquiries such as commodity coding, trade preference, duties, valuation and customs transit.
- Overseeing customs entry work, ensuring accurate and timely submission and following up action for import and export declarations.
- Liaising with customs brokers and all relevant authorities to ensure all the appropriate documentation is correct and completed in a timely fashion.
- Resolving and responding to queries and problems.
Applicants to this role require
- Practical experience of providing customs consultancy to importers and exporters.
- Strong track record of successfully obtaining customs approvals on behalf of traders.
- Experience and knowledge working with CHIEF system.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
TMM Recruitment I
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team