Design Draughtsperson - VR/28168
Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Kintore, Aberdeenshire.
The Design Draughtsperson will be responsible for producing detailed 3D models and completing 2D drawing packages that are suitable for manufacturing and assembly.
The Design Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing general arrangement drawings, assembly drawings, manufacturing drawings, bill of materials and proposal drawings for all of the company’s products.
- Helping in the preparation and maintenance of design documentation packages for technical records and submission to verification bodies for approvals.
- Ensuring drawings are produced to meet project and quality requirements, as well as deadlines.
- Effective interfacing with Design Engineers and Project Engineers.
- Creating new part numbers for bought in items as per company standards and assisting in documenting them in ERP system.
- An HNC qualification in Mechanical Engineering, as a minimum, is essential.
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a similar Design Draughtsperson type role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD would be preferred. SolidWorks experience could also be considered.
- Experience in working with CAD packages for creating manufacturing part drawings, sub-assemblies and assemblies is essential.
- Experience in the creation of bill of materials is essential.
- Applicants should be competent in 3D modelling, as well as the generation of production drawings from models.
- Applicants should have experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Applicants should have experience of updating existing calculations to suit new sizes in a company’s product range.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team