Design Engineer - VR/25833
Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing activities to support company projects and technology development.
- Designing and reviewing new and existing technology.
- Developing 3D CAD part and assembly models and drawings.
- Producing 2D CAD layout and schematic drawings.
- Performing engineering verification analysis to assess suitability of design.
- Supporting test activities to qualify and validate equipment designs, in accordance with procedures and industry standards.
- Supporting the Product Development Department in meeting ongoing business requirements.
- Liaising with other departments in the business to support ongoing projects.
- Developing designs in line with design request and equipment technical specification.
- Providing design engineering support to the business.
- Creating quality designs, drawings, calculations and supporting documents, in line with design request requirements,
- Responsible for leading, attending and contributing during engineering design reviews.
- Supporting engineering cost and delivery estimates for projects.
- Ensuring project progress is sufficiently communicated to Design Engineering Manager and key project stakeholders.
- Checking technical documents associated with design development.
- Ensuring business and design development engineering processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring effective and productive client relationships are built and maintained.
- Responsible for writing technical documents and specifications for new and existing products.
- Supporting handover of new technology / equipment to Product Line department.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering field (Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical).
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Engineering experience in mechanical equipment design.
- Experience with the design and development of new products / technology.
- Experience with fast-paced project delivery.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD modelling and drafting.
- Experience of performing tolerance studies at assembly level.
- Hand calculations and FEA experience for verification of design.
- Current / valid offshore certification.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- Experience within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience of working in the drilling, solids control and drilling fluids areas.
- Autodesk Inventor experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team