Design Engineer - VR/26134
Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil & gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen. This role would suit a candidate who has around 4 years’ experience in a similar design engineering role.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Producing 3D CAD Models and Detail Drawings to provide solutions in accordance with client requirements.
- Producing technical reports, detailing work completed and the products produced. This includes - but is not limited to - engineering calculations, Finite Element Analysis and CFD.
- Assisting in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contributing development ideas for new and existing products.
- Supporting work for proposals and projects, working to tight deadlines.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in an Engineering discipline (a Mechanical Engineering Degree would be preferred).
- Or, an HND qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline, with a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Circa 4 years’ design engineering experience within a fast-paced design engineering environment, preferably within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience using FEA and 3D CAD software (ANSYS and Inventor experience would be preferred).
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- Experience in CFD.
- CFD experience using ANSYS CFX.
- Thermal and mechanical FEA experience with ANSYS.
- Experience of designing buoyancy products.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and Meridian (or other database management systems).
- Experience with Mathcad.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team