Design Engineer - VR/28793
Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
Working within a multi-disciplinary Technical Team, the Design Engineer will design, qualify and commercialise a range of downhole completion technologies. Working within a small group of specialists, the primary focus is the mechanical component of new and developing systems.
The Design Engineer will use their expertise to develop and adapt the existing portfolio of products, as well as assist in the creation of new concepts to meet customer requirements. The post holder will be required to assist in the preparation of detail and assembly drawings, as well as assist in the scheduling of Draughtsperson resources and mentoring of less experienced colleagues.
Reporting to the Rapid Response Lead, the Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing innovative and unique solutions to technical challenges.
- Completing feasibility studies on conceptual solutions.
- Creating detailed manufacture/assembly drawings and performance calculation packages.
- Controlling Product Data Maintenance (PDM) information.
- Preparing design packages for performance of design review.
- Preparing test procedures & reports and provide assistance to workshop personnel as required.
- Providing support to other areas of the business in relation to technical matters.
- Liaising with clients as required for any specific project requirements.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Design Engineer type role within the downhole completion field.
- Experience in the design and testing of downhole completion products.
- Good understanding of general engineering principles and their application.
- Knowledge of downhole hydraulics.
- Experience with 3D modelling software (SolidWorks experience would be preferred).
- Experience with the design of electro-mechanical tools.
- Experience of working within operator-driven R&D environments.
- Hands-on oilfield experience.
- Knowledge of parametric modelling techniques.
- Familiar with current draughting standards.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team