Development Engineer (Advanced Composites) - VR/23259
Currently recruiting for an experienced Development Engineer (Advanced Composites) for an oil and gas company based in Cove, Aberdeen. The company is flexible on location and they are open to offering a remote working arrangement.
The Development Engineer (Advanced Composites) will develop opportunities and nurture working relationships to ensure client needs are met or exceeded. The post holder will be expected to help develop the company’s offshore composite structures, which are utilised in several industries (Oil and Gas, Renewables, Marine etc).
The Development Engineer (Advanced Composites) will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Analysing potential and existing markets to identify business opportunities in the advanced composites and fibre reinforced markets.
- Carrying out technical market research to develop strategies and roadmaps for market entry opportunities with the implementation of composite products in areas where traditional solutions may be the norm.
- Developing and maintaining good technical partnerships with customers to develop their awareness of the company’s technical knowledge and composite product capabilities for the future growth of the company.
- Providing pre-sales technical support to the customer and the Sales Team in developing strategies and alliances for expanding the company’s Advanced Composites portfolio and product capabilities.
- Preparing presentations and technical proposals for the effective development of business opportunities for the company.
- Assisting Senior Management in resourcing, budgeting and problem-solving activities, in order to meet the demands of customers.
- Providing technical support for developing campaigns and other activities that will help increase the recognition of the company’s product range in an evolving composites industry.
- Leading and guiding internal customers in new and emerging composite product lines across multiple industries.
- Regularly providing updates on market competition analysis to management and the Sales Team.
- Staying in tune with internal developments and advancements on the latest design and manufacturing techniques to provide up-to-date and accurate technical information to customers and potential customers.
- Looking for opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Supporting work for proposals and projects, working to tight deadlines.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Development Engineer type role within the oil and gas industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ development engineering experience within an advanced composite engineering and/or manufacturing environment within the oil and gas industry.
- Experience of developing and delivering technical presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Experience of building plans and strategies, and delivering such plans / strategies to senior management.
- Experience of forging potential product opportunities from scratch by applying technical knowledge to existing problems, or providing solutions.
- 5+ years’ technical / business development experience within an advanced composite engineering and/or manufacturing environment within the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of DNV-OS-C501 (Composite Components).
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team