Development Work Manager - VR/22577
Are you looking to make positive changes in your community? Do you want to support in a hands-on position where your voice makes an impact? Would you like to work in a role which is more than just a job? TMM are exclusively supporting a leading North East charity with the key appointment of Development Work Manager. This permanent opportunity will be full-time and based in Aberdeen City Centre. See below for more information and get in touch with the team for more details.
It is the main purpose of this role to support the leadership and development of this well-known charity’s development work and the monitoring and evaluation of these services. Reporting directly to the CEO this position will be responsible for a small team and management experience would be required.
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and managing all development work projects including food poverty and access initiatives, community growing, criminal justice and access to sanitary products.
- Responsible for partnership liaison with local authority and key partners.
- Contributing to all aspects of the charity as part of the Leadership Team.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation and partnerships.
- Responsible for oversight of all funding applications and reporting within specified function.
- Responsible for departmental staff supervision, training, development and professional standards.
- Ensuring compliance and quality standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Partnership development and liaison.
- Comprehensive and timeous preparation of reports for funders, the board, the Leadership Team and partners as required.
- Identifying sources of funds and contributing to completion of funding applications.
- Responsible for function staff recruitment.
- Experience leading, managing and coaching a team.
- Ability to think on your feet and lead a motivated and empowered culture.
- An ambassador for the organisation and real team player.
- Social understanding of food poverty and the associated issues.
- Community development knowledge and experience.
- History of managing successful funding applications.
- Commitment to the charities cause.
- Problem solving and professional attitude.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
- Degree level education in social work, health and community development.
- Clean driving licence and access to a car.
This opportunity really gives you the chance to be fully immersed into not only an organisation and team environment but the wider community. There is the chance to really make a difference through your work and contributions to the wider charity.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team