Draughtsperson - VR/28556
Currently recruiting for an experienced Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for a Fabrication company based near Insch in Aberdeenshire. It will likely mainly be a full-time office-based role and based on the location, a full driving licence is essential. This role would suit an experienced Draughtsperson who has experience in managing/guiding more junior members of staff.
Operating as a key part of the Draughting Team, the Draughtsperson will be responsible for creating technical drawings for the Production and Fabrication Teams. A focal point for processing client drawings and generating internal drawings, you will play a crucial role in the production workflow. You will produce CAD designs, 3D models and drawings to assist the fabricators and welders in their daily tasks. You may also translate these into production data for the CNC profiling equipment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- You will assist the Projects Team in the entire life cycle of a project, from its inception, through preliminary sketches, designing, verifying and then on to producing fabrication drawings for the workshop. This could involve the smallest intricate machined components to large complex structural steel scopes and everything in between.
- You may be involved, as required, in discussions with the client and other stakeholders to ensure the company meets the full criteria of their requirements.
- You may be required to assist in processing drawings and translating them into production data for the CNC Robotic 3D profiler to cut, preparing and marking parts in detail ready for the fabricators.
- Aiding and expediting subsequent fabrication work scopes.
- Translating both client drawings and models, including 3D modelling work, within dedicated software and in Autodesk Inventor.
- Assisting the main Draughting Team with nesting plate profiles using AutoCAD and a dedicated software for the CNC Plasma Profiler.
Applicants to this role require
- A relevant Engineering/CAD/Design qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within an oil and gas service/manufacturing/fabrication type environment, is essential.
- Experience in 3D modelling using Autodesk Inventor, from part structure through to assembly structure, is essential.
- Experience in the production of drawings for workshop/fabrication use is essential.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential.
- Competency in structure analysis within Inventor would be advantageous.
- Applicants should be able to read technical drawings and translate a variety of drawing related media.
- Applicants should have knowledge of welding symbols, their meaning and how to translate this into practical applications for weld preparations.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team