Electrical Lead (Offshore Wind) - VR/26042
Currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Lead (Offshore Wind) on a permanent staff basis for a leading international player within the Renewable Energy sector. There will be a requirement to work 2-3 days in the London office and the remaining days can be worked remotely. The offshore wind farm is based off the East Anglian coast.
Working within the Offshore Wind Team, the Electrical Lead (Offshore Wind) will be responsible for the design, supply, installation and commissioning of electrical systems (covering electrical system design, onshore substation, offshore substation and associated inter-array and export cables). The post holder will be responsible for leading the electrical package throughout the development phase, with the target of reaching positive FID.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Electrical Lead will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing a package strategy, with the objective to develop a reliable technical solution, optimising LCOE and respecting HSEQ requirements.
- Managing the pre-FEED and FEED design of the electrical system, and guide the work of third party consultants.
- Overall responsibility in the coordination of the day to day activities of the package.
- Managing the package schedule, progress and expenditure against budget – including reporting on progress status and highlighting any issues.
- Defining and implementing activities relating to certification of the electrical package and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Estimating CAPEX and OPEX to feed into the business model.
- Ensuring that the package’s risk profile is understood and appropriately managed.
- Developing and implementing the procurement strategy for the package.
- Establishing contacts with the supply chain, evaluating their capacity, and ensuring that fabrication and logistic optimisation and constraints are taken into account in the design process. Carrying out RFI processes where applicable.
- Drafting and managing the drafting of the ITT package.
- Assessing contractor proposals – coordinating and assisting in negotiating contracts.
- Procuring and managing the detailed design – ensuring that the design optimises LCOE, takes fabrication and installation constraints into account and meets all requirements in terms of HSEQ.
- Coordinating and interfacing with all members of the JV as necessary, in support of the organisation’s objectives.
- Ensuring interfaces with other packages, contractors and stakeholders are identified and appropriately managed.
- Ensuring consent requirements are met.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification is essential.
- A minimum of 10 years’ electrical engineering experience is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Electrical Lead type role, within the energy sector, is essential.
- Experience within the Offshore Wind sector is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience in contract and subcontractor management.
TMM Recruitment INDENG firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team